Sunday, November 9, 2008

Consistency

So the tricky thing about doing this is definately being consistent. It is easy to eat well and exercise for a day or a week, even a month, but once we start getting longer term than that. I start to falter. Even a week is proving to be difficult at the moment.

I won't deny that I am eating and exercising a hell of a lot better than I was a month ago and this in itself should be an achievement. But I always struggle with the all or nothing mentality and I find myself feeling guilty even when I have trained well all week but I have an extra meal off plan. Suddenly all the hard work that I did do gets forgotten about and I am labelling myself as hopeless at the whole sport.

I also find it harder to go back to the gym after a day off. I think it gets intimidating when I am not there, and the longer I am not there for the harder it is to go back too!

I didn't make it to the gym yesterday as I had intended, althought I did go for a marathon 2 hour 750cal walk. I then went to an amazing dinner party where each person would bring a dish to cook and everyone would learn how to cook it together - a fabulous idea, but we all chose rather spectacular lucious dishes.

I will hopefully make it to the gym today to train core and arms and get some cardio in too.

Have a great day!

2 comments:

Nicole said...

Don't worry Jane - we all have a bit of that all or nothing mentality in us! If it's one thing I have learnt from Shelley,it is that you CAN eat the foods that you love and still lose weight. Eg today I have a bertie beetle and a skinny cow planned :) Yummy! Nicole xx

Kek said...

Hi Jane - you can do it (hey, if I can, anyone can!). It doesn't matter if things get a bit rough at times, you have to JUST KEEP SWIMMING!

Hope you got to the gym!